Hair Transplantation in HIV Positive Hair Patients
The problem of hair loss and baldness, which negatively affects the social life of people, may develop due to biological and genetic factors and the deficiency of some minerals. Hair follicles, which are very sensitive, are affected by the disorders that occur in the body, and in some cases, hair loss is also considered as a symptom of various diseases.
HIV-positive patients are also one of the patient groups experiencing intense hair loss. In this group of patients, hair loss can be seen as a side effect of drugs that are more commonly used together with stress and psychological reasons.
Why Is Your Hair Shedding?
Lupus erythematousus, secondary syphilis, hypothyroidism, hyperioid and HIV positive patients are also known as patient groups experiencing intense hair loss. HIV-positive patients are also one of the patient groups experiencing intense hair loss. In this group of patients, hair loss can be seen as a side effect of drugs that are more commonly used together with stress and psychological reasons. Due to the psychological pressure of the chronic disease, HIV-positive patients may be affected by hair loss more than healthy individuals.
What Should Be Done Before Deciding on Hair Transplantation in Hiv Positive Patients?
HIV-positive patients mostly live their lives by arranging their lives in accordance with this disease, because in the ordinary course of life, there are various situations that are closely related to this disease and require precautions, such as getting an injection or having a tooth pulled. The points to be considered in the treatment of HIV-positive hair transplantation, which are highly conscious of protecting themselves and others, can be listed as follows:
- The patient’s immune system should be checked. Problems that may occur in the immune system due to HIV disease should be checked by the doctor following the patient and approval must be obtained for hair transplantation.
- It is necessary to obtain information about the hygiene conditions of the clinic where hair transplantation treatment will be performed. If possible, clinics that serve HIV-positive patients and have experience in this field should be preferred.
- Necessary preparations should be made for possible infections after the operation. Like patients who have had a hair transplant, HIV-positive patients should rest in isolation at home for the following week after the procedure and avoid being in environments where they can become infected.
Precautions to be taken before and after hair transplantation in HIV-positive patients
- Before and after hair transplantation, it is necessary to pay more attention to hygiene conditions than ever before.
- Protect your immune system before hair transplantation, if you feel any discomfort, inform your doctor and postpone the procedure if necessary.
- Take the necessary precautions to avoid exposure to any viral disease.
- After hair transplantation, it is beneficial to keep your contact with the outside world at a minimum level, especially in the first seven days of the recovery period.
- Try to sleep regularly and avoid alcohol and cigarettes as they may affect your immune system.
Hair transplantation treatment is applied to many domestic and foreign HIV-positive patients in Turkey every year. These procedures are known as reliable clinics with their staff, equipment and high hygiene conditions.
Can an HIV-positive patient have a hair transplant?
There are truths that are known wrong in life. The information that people infected with HIV-positive virus have AIDS is also false. Not all HIV-positive AIDS patients are contagious. In short, being HIV positive is not the same as being AIDS. Despite various awareness studies, HIV-positive patients are regarded as AIDS and excluded from society. Health institutions are obliged to take care of these patients in terms of universal health rules and patient rights. In the light of this information, we can move on to the details of HIV-positive hair transplantation.
Can HIV Positive Patients Have Hair Transplantation?
HIV-positive patients can have a hair transplant operation. There are clinics in Turkey for this. Ariana Hair is one of them. However, not all HIV-positive patients are suitable for this treatment. The reason is that the immune system of the HIV-positive patient may not be suitable for the operation. Although attention is paid to the precautions taken and hygienic surgical instruments, this is entirely related to whether the patient’s current immune system is suitable for the operation.
Hiv Pozitif Hastalarda Dikkat Edilmesi Gerekenler
The patient diagnosed as HIV positive is a conscious patient. These patients are the ones who have mastered how to protect themselves and other people. If people who are unaware of the disease show that they are HIV-positive as a result of the tests performed during the operation, the operation is postponed. There are 3 basic rules to be considered for patients who are found to be HIV positive as a result of the tests.
- HIV-positive patients have a weak immune system. Before starting the surgical intervention, the patient’s immune system should be checked. If there is a risky situation, the operation is postponed.
- Hair transplant treatment is a surgical operation. Therefore, it is necessary to pay attention to the hygiene rules at the highest point for the HIV-positive patient, which is a blood-borne disease.
- The patient should be protected at the maximum level against the possibility of inflammation during the operation.
What Should Patients Pay Attention to in Hair Transplantation?
HIV-positive patients should pay close attention to their hygiene before and after treatment. Until the date of the operation, he should stay away from foods and drinks that will lower his immune system. Again, before the operation, he should isolate himself against the possibility of catching another disease. If the operation has been performed, isolation is still a must during the healing period of the wounds. If he has bad habits such as alcohol and smoking, he should definitely end these habits. He/she should request information about the hygienic conditions of the clinic where the operation will be performed.
Which Treatment Method Is Applied To The Hiv Positive Patient?
Hair loss is a common condition in HIV-positive patients. The drugs they use and the treatment processes are one reason for this. This situation, which affects the social life, stresses the person and this stress affects the treatment process. The method applied for hair transplantation treatment for HIV-positive patients in Turkey is the fue method. After the anesthesia applied to the bald area, the hair follicles and strands taken from the nape are placed on the channels opened to the predetermined hair design line. This method, which is the most preferred, is known as painless and painless except anesthesia.